The Best Stereo Receiver Of The Year. A Must For Music Lovers!
Music is definitely one of the best ways to create a stress-free environment.
Imagine yourself at home on a Sunday morning relaxing and sipping coffee. You know the only thing that would complete the good vibe is good music. Do you have the best stereo receiver to play one?
Now, imagine a Friday night when you feel too tired to go out in a bar with your friends. A satisfying night cap would mean popping in a movie and perhaps drinking some wine. Could your old stereo receiver play the intense musical score of the film?
Nothing beats coming home to a nice, warm lair when you feel beat up from work. However, furnishing a home that has the perfect “feel” takes a lot of planning and consideration.
This includes choosing the best appliances to go with the design. So, if you’re a music and movie lover, I’m sure you’d want to invest in a good home entertainment system.
The thing is, choosing the best stereo receiver for your home theater may require some technical research on electronics. You don’t have to be an expert. However, it would help if you know how to check out the device’s specs yourself.
The Best Stereo Receivers Of 2019
Yamaha has always made a name for delivering good-quality audio equipment. This particular device keeps up to that name as well. And Yamaha R-S202BL is best stereo receiver.
Yamaha R-S202BL Stereo Receiver has an advanced circuitry design, Bluetooth connectivity, a 40-station AM/FM and a speaker selector.
The design is quite simple, but is deemed as sophisticated. It is relatively lightweight compared to other Yamaha models. It weighs only 14.8 pounds.
- It’s a basically a self-contained receiver that can be set up in any part of your home. It serves simple basic functions and sufficient for your uncomplicated musical needs.
- This unit particularly boasts about its flexibility. If you want to have the sounds surround your room, this has got to be one of the best channel.
- You can use the remote control and operate the unit for as far as 120 feet. That includes the Bluetooth streaming feature. No need to come near the unit to connect.
- It costs relatively cheaper compared to other Yamaha units.
- The unit does not come with a separate subwoofer output and a built-in phono preamp input.
- There may be a significant disparity in terms of the sound it produces. Although the volume turns up and down well, it lacks a little warmth, fullness and smoothness to it.
Sony STRDH130 2 Channel Stereo Receiver is a five-analog audio input receiver with an AM and FM tuner. It has two channels and an audio standby feature.
Sony gives out a product warranty of two years for this unit. Two years coverage for the parts, and two years coverage for the labor that is.
- The unit costs relatively cheap.It is a lot more than a fair deal considering the rates of the other brands that have similar features.
- Sony is a brand well-known for their units that stand the test of time. This goes for their old and new models of stereo receivers as well. It can last two, ten, even twenty years if well taken care of.
- It pairs with most music components very well, even with three-way loud speakers.
- It is flawless for daily use in a confined space for easy listening or film watching. The remote controls work well in terms of operation too.
- Although it serves its function well if paired with some speakers, the 135wpc promise is a bit unrealistic. It doesn’t come with particular 4 ohm power specifications, so at best, it can only count as a 90wpc.
- The output is limited to only 1khz and would not be that audible in a wide range.
- There have been reports that for some time, it loses all its pre-sets. It may not work well with some power sources causing it to turn off on its own without any warning.
It boasts its Music Cast Wireless Multi-room Audio technology that can send signals even through closed doors.
Yamaha RX-V481BL Receiver connectivity allows Bluetooth, WiFi, Airplay and Spotify Connect and Pandora connections. It has a front panel USB input that is iPhone and iPod certified.
It also has a 4k high-definition pass-through that is HDCP 2.2, HDR, BT.2020 supported.
- It has a high-resolution audio system that supports DSD, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, and ALAC formats.
- The unit weighs less than the other models that have similar features.
- There are no lip sync issues, and the Bluetooth connectivity is flawless.
- Compatible with most TV’s and other components of high-definition home theater system.
- Has a YPAO sound optimization feature that helps you configure your speakers easily.
- Comes with a remote control that is easy to operate. The front panel display is also easy to understand even for a new user.
- It is a combination of manual and automatic in operation, but it is not too complex.
- You can easily go through the playlists and select among genres, albums, and artists.
- The receiver may not be compatible with all component units or electronic gadgets. For instance, it may be hard to connect it to an X-box S.
- The signals may be hard to configure if the unit is connected to a modern TV.
- It may not be able to work with a universal remote control. Yamaha uses a code that is specific only for its remote controls.
The main features include Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. It also boasts the Zone B Audio its Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround sound processing. It also has a Zone B audio setting which mirrors the main zone.
- The unit has additional connectivity perks that other receivers don’t have such as Spotify Connect and Pandora. You can enjoy music and live radio streaming with these applications.
- It has a total of 7.2 audio channels.
- It has a wireless audio system that can be heard throughout several rooms at once.
- The menu has advanced options ready for operation on the front of the receiver.
- You have the freedom to program or configure the buttons in the system according to your preferences. For instance, you can configure how you switch inputs and audio settings.
- It is available with wireless speakers in most of the suppliers’ promo bundles.
- Compared to the 7.2 channels receiver of other brands, it has product warranty coverage of two years. Two years coverage for the parts and two years coverage for the labor that is.
- The unit may not be compatible to older components. If you want to pair your old entertainment system with this receiver, you may not get the best quality.
- The front screen is a bit too small. If you are nearsighted and are a few feet away, you may not be able to read the options.
- It is a little pricier compared to models of similar features.
Its main features include a 4K Ultra HD video upscaling with HDCP 2.2, HDR and BT.2020 support. It also supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X with CINEMA DSP HD3 (up to 7.1.4-ch).
It has room acoustics optimization element that go well with their equalizer. It is also compatible with MusicCast wireless multi room audio.
- It has a wireless audio system that can be heard throughout several rooms at once.
- It performs well compared to other receivers that are under 2k.
- It is rich in new features. For instance, it lets you equalize the subwoofers. It could also bring out the best sound in mini low-end speakers.
- It has high-performance digital to analog conversion.
- Yamaha has always been known to produce the most reliable and durable devices. The brand guarantees long-term use for their receivers as well.
- It is easy to calibrate the frequencies to suit your preferences in sound effects. It matches the qualities of most speakers.
- The switching of channels is smooth.
- Although it serves Spotify and Pandora well, the model doesn’t support a high-definition radio system.
- The listing says it supports 11.2 sounds, but it is a tad bit inaccurate in actual. To maximize the full HD sound, you still have to get a separate stereo amplifier.
The Need To Choose The Best Stereo Receiver
How significant is it to pick a receiver that best satisfies your need for some entertainment? From its name, you would already understand that a receiver’s duty is to get signals from different electronic devices.
This means you do not only use it to connect to your TV, but also to your CD player or DVD or VCR players. With the help of your stereo speakers, a good audio is just a power on away.
The need to choose a stereo receiver depends on the purpose it will serve in your home.
Cnet.com tells us that if you intend to listen to music more, it would be best to have a stereo receiver. Meanwhile, if you think you are more into watching films, then an AV receiver paired with subwoofers will do.
What To Consider Before Choosing The Best Stereo Receiver
Decide on the receiver that works best for your needs and preferences
First of all, you need to know which receiver works best for your needs and preferences. Before spending your money on a complete home theater system, you have to let several different factors come into play.
Does the tedious work of setting up the sound system bother you? Do you think connecting and disconnecting the cables every single time is too much for you? Do you prefer sticking to your old receivers, or are you open to the newer models?
Meanwhile, how much budget are you working with as of the moment? Would it be enough to buy you a newer, much more convenient model?
If your answers to the following questions favor purchasing a new receiver, then we are on to a task. Let us study the different factors you need to consider in picking the best and most suitable model for you. E-bay helps us limit our options with some helpful tips.
Choose between the two: Old model or new model?
The difference between the old and new receivers, mainly, is with the type of operation. For traditional receivers, you will need to operate manually by turning the knobs or pressing the buttons. On the other hand, for the newer models, you’ll only need a remote control to make it work.
If you are staying in a studio-type apartment or a condominium suite, the old model might work for you. But if you’re tired rushing towards your receiver to turn up the volume, go for the remote-controlled version.
Consider these additional tips
- There are a number of audio jacks located on the receiver. You may want to consider how many devices you can connect to them before you make the call.
- The type of input jacks has to be included in your careful consideration too. Newer technology always results in more complicated cables and jacks. If you are buying the receiver separately, make sure it’s compatible to your other devices.
- While doing your shopping, check and compare the features of each of the receiver models. The different brands offer a wide variety depending on the physicality and functionality. Aside from the basics, others consist of additional up-to-date technology too.
- There are receivers today that already allow the possibility of the connection of portable music players like iPod. As long as the player is compatible, you can just readily put it on or connect its cables.
- In terms of power supply, receivers also differ in watts. Some people prefer a higher wattage thinking the audio will sound clearer and louder if so. But the power supply doesn’t guarantee this.
- If you want a louder volume, always test the unit on different entertainment system components first. This way, you can compare and decide from the results.
All these receivers offer features that support the needs of today’s technological advancements. However, if you are up for the greatest value for your money, the Yamaha RX-V581 7.2- Channel Receiver is the best bet.
The winning feature among all would have to be the Multi-room Audio technology. Most receivers cannot receive signals through walls around the house, but not this model.
The sound can be maximized even as it travels through the doors. This will be perfect for house parties.
Choosing the best stereo receiver doesn’t have to be that difficult. As long as it suits your need for on-call entertainment, don’t be afraid to make the purchase.