For Your Ears: The Best Bass Earbuds
With the continuous advancement in technology, music has managed to stay dynamic and adaptive. We started with the generation of radio listening. Now, we have come to the age where almost all sounds are produced digitally.
Why do you listen to music? Whatever the reason or purpose is, you know the only thing that matters is the flawless quality of the sounds. This is what drives us to pick and purchase the best bass earbuds there are in the market.
There are some things you should consider before purchasing your bass earbuds, especially if it’s your first time. Are you on a tight budget? Are you so much of a music enthusiast and are very technical when it comes to the specs?
There are a lot of good ones to choose from in gadget shops. You might get overwhelmed, and that’s totally fine. This is the reason we have this list. We will try and limit your options to only the top performing earbuds to date.
The Top 5 Best Bass Earbuds Of 2016
This bass earbuds unit boasts its Advanced Direct Vibe Structure that fits comfortably on any ear type.
This lessens the chance of the buds falling off when the user is on foot and mobile.
This also helps isolate the sound so the user can hear the heavier bass. Its cord is also tangle-free because of the serrated structure of the surface.
- The most convenient part of the unit is the structure of the earbuds itself. It has a vertical in-ear design that has slimmer lines. This makes longer and easier listening possible.
- This unit is imported from Japan listing the item as a high-quality and technologically advanced item.
- It has an angled duct that can make listening to high pitches and heavy bass a lot easier.
- The unit is priced reasonably compared to the other models that Sony released in the past.
- Its sub bass performs well, and the booming effect does not sound too overwhelming.
- It is lightweight, and the design looks classy with its shiny silver finish.
- This unit may not be as volume-sensitive as the other competitor models. You may need to adjust the volume higher to get the best quality of bass.
- You may have to be careful in using these in a strictly quiet environment. Some of its sounds leak from the earbuds and are not totally being isolated.
- Its components are a bit cheaper than the standard materials used in other in-earbuds. This can affect the lifespan of the unit.
This set of earbuds features not only a headset but a microphone as well. The microphone is compatible with both Apple iOS and Android operating system.
The structure highlights its separate balanced armatures and a dynamic driver.
1MORE products like this is known to have been tuned by Luca Bignardi, a Grammy award-winning sound engineer.
- The design allows the earbuds to fit in any ear canal type comfortably. Its ergonomic structure and oblique angle allow the natural fit.
- It has a Triple In-ear system that promises to deliver very detailed sounds.
- It comes with nine ear tips in different sizes to cater to different users. This makes the earphones fit comfortably so that it does not fall off every time.
- It also features an in-line remote control which is easy to operate. This allows an easier song selection and volume adjustment.
- The set comes with silicone ear tips, foam ear tips, a traveling case, an airline adapter and a shirt clip. You will immediately notice that it is well presented and in style based on its packaging.
- It performs quite well with other brand competitors that are more famous for earbuds manufacturing.
- Since it has a triple driver technology, some of the musical elements may seem a little separate from the others. For instance, the treble may come off as a little off when played with bass and highs.
- There may be instances when you need to raise the volume to its maximum just to get the amount of bass you want.
This feature-rich in-ear headset supports a Bluetooth 4.1 version for wireless connectivity. It is a cable clip structure that you can just hook around your ears.
It also comes with a high-quality microphone good for hands-free calls.
- The noise isolation technology actually works as a noise cancellation technology. It emits all unnecessary outside sounds which makes it possible to hear clearly.
- It supports heavy bass frequencies which make music and film score listening all better and more fun.
- It is sweat-proof, making it perfect for running and workout. It may be used for both indoor and outdoor activities.
- It has a wireless battery installed that you can charge. After charging, the battery life stays active for as long as eight hours.
- Although it has a heavy bass, the sound can still seem subtle and soft when it needs to be.
- The pair works well for both digital music and radio listening.
- The in-ear feature makes the earbuds fit comfortably and feel as though there is nothing inserted.
- It is compatible with both Android phones and iPhones.
- Connecting to mobile phones via Bluetooth may still take a while especially when there is a poor signal.
- Although it can hold up for long periods of use, it may still be prone to wear and tear. This is especially true if you use it for outdoor activities daily.
- The heavy bass feature may cause early wearing off if you use it very frequently.
This unit highlights the brand’s SCCB acoustics. Its driver is a 10-mm Votrik HD100 model.
Its structure is composed of a firm aluminum alloy with a high-resolution sound. It comes with a microphone that is compatible with most electronic devices and operating systems.
- The overall structure of the unit is durable and cool to the ears, unlike other models. This pro delivers easy listening and added comfort to its user.
- It is compatible with iPhones, iPads, and Android mobiles. It is not selective of opposing operating systems.
- It has a flat TPE audio cable that is thin and is not prone to twisting.The connector is gold-plated and allows a smooth transfer of music.
- It comes with extra silicone ear tips to cater to users with different ear canal types. There are sizes fit for small, medium and large ears.
- Its promise of a frequency response of 12kHz to 26 kHz makes the sound quality look even better.
- Even with a very high volume, the sounds do not buzz or rattle too much in the ears.
- It comes with a limited two-year warranty if you are going to purchase it in valid dealers.
- For some users with different ear type, the angle of the buds may dig too deeply in the ear which may hurt.
- The structure of the buds may be too fragile for daily use and may easily wear off.
- It comes with a shell carry case which is relatively too tight for the cables to fit in. It might only lessen the lifespan of the cables.
This unit is a set of custom-designed earphones that are made of solid aluminum. It boasts its “dynamic sound design” that is delivered through its 10.8 mm driver.
Its design allows the production of good sound quality. It gives out well-balanced bass via a miniature port in an internal cabinet. This allows the users to play through low frequencies.
- The unit is ultra light. The components are also less prone to quick tearing.
- It fits very comfortably in any ear types. It does not irritate the ear canals and feels as though you are not wearing it.
- You can always be on the go while using this. It stays put for long periods and does not easily fall off. You no longer have to keep on re-wearing them.
- B&O is always known for their classy and sleek design. This H3 model is no exception.
- It can be considered as underpriced as its performance levels with similar models that are double its selling price.
- The music sounds crisp and solid. The mids and the highs sound perfectly balanced.
- It is compatible with most electronic devices-- mobile phones, laptops, tablets or music players. It also not selective of the different operating systems be it Apple or Android.
- There are extra silicone tips available with the unit, in case they do not fit. It comes in different sizes-- small, medium and large.
- It has an in-line switch system that lets you select songs, playback or hit next easily. The remote control buttons are just within reach.
- They block sounds quite well. The sound isolation and noise-cancelling features make it possible for the user to zone out while listening.
- The switch on the microphone is a little hard to operate. It makes answering phone calls, hitting next and fast forward difficult. When you try to, you might trigger the volume.
- The thin wirings of the cable are prone to easy damage. You need to make sure the cables are well kept to keep it from tearing.
How To Select The Best Bass Earbuds?
Understand what the specifications mean.
Going through a ton of earbuds options could be very tricky. If you aren’t a “techie,” you might get overwhelmed by the list of specs that seem too scientific. You only read them as labels on the packaging and usually don’t mind them.
There are a lot of terms to study: frequency response, sensitivity, impedance, and driver size. If you are not very meticulous, you would only be for durability and comfort. Although that’s fairly okay, it’s still good to know the ins and outs, so you get value for your money.
The first step is to try and study them so you’d understand which ones are essential. This way, you will be able to compare and contrast your top choices.
You don’t only pick the earbuds by design and color, but by quality as well. Ear-buds.org shares an overview of these basic features for the “earbuds noobs.”
First off is the frequency. It refers to how much bass and treble the earbuds can make. This is measured by hertz.
The rule is that the lower the hertz, the bigger the bass and the higher the hertz, the bigger the treble. So if you are into a good balance of these two, you might want to check on the frequency first.
Impedance, meanwhile, eliminates the amount of electricity sound that comes in the earbuds. This is something you might want to consider if you have very sensitive ears. The rule is that the higher the impedance, the clearer the sound.
Sensitivity refers to how much decibels the ear buds can produce. This can make or break your decision if you are planning on using your earbuds daily.
Know the best qualities to look out for
Technically speaking, you have to be specific in setting your standards while doing your earbuds shopping. Thehub.musiciansfriend.com mentions the following as the qualities that should be ticked off of your checklist.
One of the most important qualities is how the earphones generally “sweeten” the sounds you hear. Sweetening refers to the EQing of the headphones to make the music sound better. In some earbuds, the bass is concentrated in one side and kills the natural sound on the other.
It is also important to look out for the portability of the pair you purchase. Are they lightweight and easy to manage and fold? The last thing you want is to spend so much time fixing tangled cables.
The noise-canceling feature is a plus as well. If you are up for zoning out and keeping away from the noise of the world, look for this.
The “best qualities” are rather subjective. What’s best for you may not be best for others; it is a matter of preference. However, it helps to have a guide where you can base your “ultimate decision” on.
I base my final decision on a meticulous comparison and contrast. In this particular product, I choose Sony MDR-XB90EX In-Ear Extra Bass.
It does not only highlight the basic features like frequency and sensitivity but it also supports an ergonomic fit to the ears.
We can be pretty sure this beats all others in terms of quality. No one wants to hurt their ear canals trying to fit some silicone piece.
We could always be specific with the numbers, but convenience always lets us decide in the end. We all want easy listening on top of all the other technicalities.