What To Look For In The Best Karaoke Machines 2017
Tired of going out and spending a lot every weekend to go to karaoke bars and sing your heart out? Why not buy the best karaoke machine for yourself and invite your friends to come over your house? That way, you, your friends, and family can belt out your favorite classical, modern, or rock tunes with your karaoke.
I am aware, though, that it can be difficult to find a karaoke machine that not only fits your budget but is also durable and includes all the necessary accessories such as the microphone. Drop your worries now because I will share all the essential information about karaoke machines that can help you with your purchase.
But first, what is a karaoke machine and how does it work?
Top Ten Best Karaoke Machines in the Market
As of this writing, these are my top choices for the best karaoke machines available in the market. These are chosen after hours of research based on the best features presented above.
Do not be bothered by the order of each item in the list. This is just a guide to help you compare and contrast these karaoke machines and help you decide which one should be on top of your personal list.
1. Singtrix SGTX1 Karaoke System - The Celebrity Karaoke Machine
Halfway through this list lies the Singtrix SGTX1, which I call the Celebrity Karaoke Machine. This karaoke system is quality made and makes the worst singers sound tolerable.
This brand has been featured in international entertainment shows such as Ellen, Today Show, and SharkTank. It is offered as a party bundle with a stand, a stereo speaker, a microphone, and so much more. This karaoke system is also plug and play and comes with amazing voice effects technology.
I am complaining a bit about its price, though. There is quality made karaoke systems that come in bundles that are not quite as pricey as this. The microphone stand is quite questionable, too. But overall, Singtrix SGTX1 offers great value because it can work with thousands of YouTube Karaoke videos.
- User-friendly interface.
- Works with a wide variety of devices such as mp3 players, tablets, iPhone, iPad, iPod, laptops, PCs, and other smartphones.
- The microphone has built-in HIT control.
- Amplified built-in speaker.
- Works with thousands of Karaoke videos on YouTube.
- With live vocal technology.
- Famous brand, endorsed by Hollywood celebrities.
- Amazing sound quality.
- Great mic quality.
- The system may be too complicated to set up.
- Complaints about missing parts in the bundle from reviewers.
- May be quite pricey for its class.
2. Singing Machine iSM1030BT - Best All-Around Karaoke Machine
If you are looking for powerful speakers, this all-around singing machine is definitely for you.
It has two twin tower speakers that produce quality sound. The practical reason why this is on top of my list is that everything you need in a karaoke system is already here - including a 7-inch LCD screen where the lyrics can be displayed. But if you have old fellows joining in, you can hook this up to your television, so the lyrics are projected on a larger screen.
As expected, it is compatible with smartphones and other mobile devices bearing iOS and Android operating systems. At less than 200 bucks, you can have this set along with a graphic disc to MP3, a ripping CD, and Graphics with voice record. It even has digital keys, balance and echo controls, as well as Auto Voice Control.
There may be some installation difficulties because of the uniqueness of the parts and elements included in this system. But other than that, I have no other complaints.
- Unique body, professional finish.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Comes with a universal cradle for Android and iOS devices.
- Amazing sound quality.
- Bluetooth capable.
- Digital keys, Balance, Echo controls, and Auto Voice Control.
- USB port.
- Capable of recording performances.
- Comes with a good quality microphone.
- Good quality graphics.
- Installation and setting up may take time.
- Complaints about the CD quality.
3. Magic Sing ET23KH HD Resolution - Best Professional Karaoke System
The Magic Sing is a popular professional choice and reasonably so. That is why it is on the list. It boasts its High Definition graphics and video background. It also comes with two wireless microphones with controls. Using the mic, you can choose from among 2,100 pre-set songs with High Fidelity sound quality.
You can also personalize the photos and videos in the background. Because of these unique features, the Magic Sing karaoke system is a bit pricey. But you’ll understand why because it is packed with so many karaoke system elements that are not present in other brands.
This is fit for most professional karaoke singers because it has great sound quality that is perfect for practicing songs. The worst voices can sound tolerable with this and the best of singers will sound even more amazing. I do have an issue with its echo feature as it can be quite overwhelming that the natural voice of the singer can be distorted.
- High Definition background images and videos.
- Thousands of built-in songs to choose from.
- Dependable sound quality.
- Durable, robust construction.
- Provides entertainment value.
- A popular choice of professional karaoke singers.
- So easy to setup.
- Perfect for practicing.
- Superb sound quality.
- Very easy to control.
- Quite pricey.
- The microphone’s sound may need an extra boost to make it more voluminous.
- Sometimes configuring the karaoke system can be confusing.
- The echo can be quite overwhelming.
4. Akai KS800 Front Load CD&G - The Best Energy-Saving Karaoke System
If you are looking for energy-saving karaoke system, this is the one for you. Cradled in the fourth spot is the Akai KS800. A professional and sleek looking karaoke system that will make your home’s entertainment area look like a karaoke bar.
It can be hooked on television, or you can use your tablet since this system comes with a tablet stand to keep the device stable and secure. It also works with Apple and Android devices.
Aside from the tablet cradle, the karaoke system also comes with an AV cord, a microphone, a demo CD+G, and an AC adapter.
The best feature it offers is the Auto Voice Control which is also showcased in the Electrohome Karaoke machine. But Akai offers a more advanced Digital Key Control making it more expensive than Electrohome. But overall, it has good physical and technical specifications.
Along with its advanced functions, come the confusion and difficulty of installing and configuring the system. But I’m sure you’d take the challenge as this can ensure fun and entertainment while maintaining the usual cost of your monthly electric bill.
- With Line-in function.
- Energy-saving at 10 watts.
- With 7-inch color display.
- With front loading CD+G player.
- Comes with echo and balanced controls.
- Has USB port MP3 and MP3G.
- With record function.
- Good quality sound.
- Works with iOS and Android Operating Systems.
- Amazing microphone quality.
- Comes with AC adapter.
- Also works with batteries.
- Slightly difficult to install.
- Durability issues.
- More expensive that its other popular competitors.
5. Karaoke USA GF830 Karaoke System - Best Recording Karaoke System
GF830 is a more expensive model because of its sleek and professional look. It has an MP3G function that houses over 300 songs. This modern type of karaoke machine has an MP3 cradle to keep the MP3 player safe. The best thing about this karaoke is its ability to record quality audio.
You can save your records to an SD card and play it back so you can listen to your rendition of your favorite songs.
The GF830 karaoke system allows you to sing a duet with a friend or a family member with its dual microphone system.
It is iPhone compatible and works with any television. The only negative comment I have with this machine is that it can be quite pricey for its class.
- Comes with a small screen at the front where lyrics are displayed.
- Comes with an SD card slot and USB port.
- With 7 inches TFT colored screen.
- Has a record function.
- Compatible with CD+G, regular CDs, and MP3 player.
- Has a change key function for every song.
- With long microphone cords that can be placed on a microphone stand.
- Humming sound heard when the microphone is on standby.
- Quite pricey.
- Some of the graphics (images and videos) may not be child-friendly so parental supervision is required if kids are around.
6. Akai KS213 Portable - Best Price - Value Karaoke Machine
Another Akai brand in this list - on a well-deserved spot is the KS213. This portable CD&G karaoke machine is very affordable but is packed with a lot of useful features. Hence, it provided great price-value balance which is very consumer-friendly. It is perfect for parties since it comes with colorful lights. It has a handy iPad holder and two microphone inputs, but it comes with only one mic.
The quality of the mic is not that dependable, but you’ll understand because of the price. What I am amazed about with this machine is that it already has Auto Voice Control, Balance Control, and Echo Control which are mostly present in karaoke systems belonging to a higher price range.
The KS800 is a bit more pricey in comparison but when it comes to value and quality, I don’t think this comes too far behind. I do not see much issues with this karaoke system to be honest. But I did notice that reviewers keep picking on the quality of its microphone.
- Very affordable.
- Works with both AC adapter and batteries.
- Has Apple and Android cradle.
- With color LED lighting.
- Comes with amplified built-in speakers.
- With RCA outputs.
- Works with different tablets, smartphones, and MP3 players.
- Great visual quality.
- Amazing sound quality.
- May produce a cracking sound when connected to a device such as an iPod.
- Questionable mic quality.
- Durability issues.
7. Electrohome Karaoke Machine - Power Speaker Karaoke System
Next on the list is the power speaker karaoke system - Electrohome. With a sleek design and professional build, this karaoke system is compatible with various smartphones, MP3 players, and tablets. Also works with iOS operating system so it can be connected with iPads, iPods, and the iPhone.
It has a powerful built-in speaker system for such a small-sized and compact karaoke system. When you have friends coming over who have almost intolerable voices when they sing, you can use the voice enhancing effects such as the Digital Echo Control and Auto Voice Control.
Electrohome Karaoke machine system is ultra light and portable so you can take it anywhere you go. It is surprisingly less expensive compared to its counterparts.
Just like the items previously reviewed in the list, Electrohome has its flaws. Durability and longevity of use may not be entirely guaranteed because of the price. The manufacturers could be using substandard materials building this machine.
- Works with CDs, CD+Gs, and MP3s.
- Can be connected to a TV, tablet, iPod, iPad, or smartphones.
- Has two microphone inputs but comes with only one free microphone.
- With voice enhancing effects.
- Comes with Auto Voice Control (AVC) Singing Coach.
- The quality of the device is questionable considering the price.
- The microphone that comes with it is not of high quality - may stop working after a few times of use.
- There are also issues with cable quality.
- Graphics are not high quality.
8. Singing Machine SML385 - Best Bluetooth Karaoke Machine
Being one of the most affordable karaoke machines on this list, the SML385 features a colorful disco light show while you sing your heart out. This is a CD+G type of karaoke machine that comes with a handheld microphone.
You can also connect it to audio devices such as tablets, iPads, and MP3 with its Bluetooth connection and auxiliary inputs. The Bluetooth connection makes it so easy to connect with smartphones, iPads, and other devices. It has dual microphone jacks so you can have a duet with your guest.
The brand claims to be child-friendly because of its small size and light weight. Also, the controls and functions are so easy to figure out from first use.
I just have a slight issue with the microphone because it has a tendency to create a humming sound when on stand-by. The manufacturer also has to take a look at the quality of the CD because of complaints that it would stop working after a few times of usage.
- Built-in speaker.
- Balanced control.
- Echo control.
- With two microphone jacks.
- Two-digit LED display.
- Has a disco light effect.
- With Auto-Voice control.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Child-friendly controls.
- Cables are not sturdy.
- The microphone is not dependable.
- Quality issues especially with the CD.
9. Disney's Frozen Karaoke Machine - Best Karaoke System for Kids
Why this karaoke machine made it in this list is simply because it is what millions of Frozen fans will be so fascinated about. Not only will they get to sing the Frozen theme song “Let it Go,” they will also enjoy images of well-loved characters Elsa, Anna, and Olaf.
This is also best for kids because its control buttons are so easy to push. They may skip songs or change settings. It comes with an adapter, but can also function with batteries. Your kids can practically take it anywhere - at children’s parties and family affairs.
Now, with these features mentioned, this karaoke machine may seem so perfect. But it does have its flaws considering its price. The construction of the machine is not too dependable and the mic is not high quality. But because its central theme is Frozen, it can certainly get away from these imperfections.
- Child-friendly controls and features.
- Very affordable.
- CD+G compatible.
- Works with batteries and AC adapter.
- With cool LED light.
- Portable and lightweight.
- With built-in radio and digital media input.
- Comes with accessories such as a Frozen CD+G, a lyric booklet, microphone, AC adapter, AC cable, and a user manual.
- Works with iPad, iPhone, tablets, and other mobile, handheld devices.
- The body and make or construction may not be dependable considering the price.
- The microphone is not durable.
- There are complaints that the CD stopped working after a few times of use.
- Problems configuring the machine with iPad and other mobile devices may be encountered.
10. Singing Machine SML-283P Karaoke Player - Best Line-in Karaoke Machine
This karaoke machine is incredibly light and portable. But that is not the main reason why it made its way into this list. This could be the best line-in karaoke you’ll ever have with a disco light effect and a two digit LED display. It has built-in speakers, too.
With dual microphone jacks, you can have a duet with this small electronic device. The SML-283P is ready to plug and play straight away from the box.
The best benefit of this product is that it is budget-friendly. I bought one as a gift for my nephew on his birthday and he immediately asked his dad to set it up for him. All the kids at the party had super fun singing their hearts out to their favorite modern tunes.
Two main issues: there may be a need for additional amplifiers to make the sound more voluminous. You may also need to buy sturdier cables to make this work better because the cables that come with it are of poor quality, I’m afraid.
- Comes with all the essential accessories needed in a karaoke machine (AC adapter, demo disc with five bonus song downloads, and RCA cables).
- Echo control, Auto-Voice Control, and Balance Control.
- CD player and CD+G player.
- With Built-in speaker.
- Line-in karaoke machine.
- With two wired microphone jacks (separate controls).
- So easy to control so kids can control it on their own.
- Good quality graphics.
- Durability not guaranteed.
- Quality issues with a microphone.
- Poor quality cables/connectors.
- The cable that comes with it is not dependable.
The Karaoke Machine
A karaoke machine has been around since 1970’s. Since then, it has been upgraded several times to cater to the increasing demands of time and of course, the audience.
It has long been a dream of mine to become a rock star, but I didn’t make the cut, unfortunately.
So I belted out my frustrations with a karaoke machine. There are different types of karaoke machines. Let me walk you through these types, so you’ll have an idea which typically falls within budget.
Types of Karaoke Machine
While there are basic and inexpensive models of karaoke machines, there are also fully-equipped, modern, and complex ones. Determining which type of karaoke system you will help you set a realistic budget.
CD Karaoke Machines
The appearance of a CD karaoke machine is more like a CD player, and you can play music from it. Just like a CD player, you simply have to connect it to the television so you can see the lyrics on screen.
Microphone Karaoke Machines
Now, this is one of the modern types of karaoke machines available in the market now - and one of the most in-demand. The microphone karaoke has preset songs programmed directly to the receiver. Some are battery operated while others have built-in monitors.
Pocket Karaoke Machines
This small handheld karaoke device has an LCD screen through which you can choose pre-programmed songs from. Despite its small size, it can store thousands of AVI and MP3 files. It can be connected to the television to project the lyrics.
Fully-Equipped Karaoke Machines
This type of karaoke machine consists of all the necessary components required for an entertaining karaoke night. It can support CDs, MP3s, and it has a microphone and a speaker.
What You Should Look for in a Karaoke Machine
In this section, I will walk you through the essentials you should be looking for in a karaoke machine.
These features are the most important considerations before you buy one after you have determined which type you prefer. Keep these in mind when you go to a physical or online store, so you will know what questions to ask.
Size and Portability
For me, this is a number one consideration because I want to maximize my apartment space. I also like to sing anywhere so I prefer something that I can also take into my room or the living room when my friends come over.
It is important also to determine the strength of a karaoke machine. But you should be aware that the quality made karaoke machines are a bit more pricey.
The higher the sound quality of the karaoke, the more tolerable the worst singers can be. So always check the sound quality of the audio. As much as possible, go for the ones that have voice projection, tone, pitch, and bass tones.
There are background graphics projected on-screen that are inappropriate for young audiences. If you have kids at home, choose a karaoke machine with age-appropriate visuals.
Ask for the size of the song archive or database before deciding to buy a karaoke - regardless of which type you choose. You also have to determine whether or not you can add more songs to the selection.
For added enjoyment, see if the karaoke you have chosen has a rating feature which shows the score of the singer for a particular song performance before checking it out. Some models do not feature ratings and buyers may need to pay additionally for this feature.
My top consideration for choosing the best karaoke machine is quality. The Singing Machine Singtrix SGTX1 is a karaoke system that can provide you with great entertainment value. It delivers both in physical and technical aspects because it has all the necessary features you will need in a karaoke machine.
If you are having doubts about this choice, you can always go back and re-read the guide to see if some of the items are much better based on your needs and preferences. But the bottom line is, you are already equipped with the right knowledge on what to look for in a karaoke system before purchasing one, so there will be no regrets, just pure fun, and entertainment.
Do you find this guide useful? Please do not hesitate to post your comments in the comments section.